Saturday 7 April 2012

San Francisco

Right, this is my last writing post.

I fly back to London in 3 days, so back to silly drawings!

I love San Francisco. It's awesome! A bizarre mix of Mexicans, hippies and dot-com companies, it's the good side of multicultural, and you don't need a car to get (nearly) everywhere.

I stayed with extended family Adam and Michelle and spent most of my time here kicking around in the mission - named after the Spanish missionaries who settled here. It's a bohemian and colourful area because of the murals, and characters, which occupy any unused space. There's cafe and bar culture, and the usual scene kids which accompany that, but there's no pretence and everyone is mega friendly.

San Fran is uber hilly, and my legs ache from being over ambitious with walking and cycling across the city. Totally worth it though. The city has a lot more to offer than the crappy touristy Fisherman's Wharf. Golden Gate Bridge is cool, but more importantly let's you get to some unspoilt coastland, where I went walking with Adam and Michelle. There are also parks, galleries, and views of the city from all over the place.

Vera's an old uni friend, and showed me round! Here's her at the SFMOMA.

I didn't manage to visit Alcatraz, which was booked up for the full week when I arrived. But I'm sure I'll be back at some point.

Ooh, I forgot to mention Pinks hotdog place in LA. Here's my friend Shikaya posing with some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers