Thursday 9 July 2015

Dewalt Guns


Well, I thought a DeWalt weapons project might have some legs.




Here is the photo-chop follow up to my older 3D practice. I really enjoyed doing this. Just plugging things together - it's kind of like lego! Luckily the DeWalt catalog photography is mostly side profile, so no annoying perspective to deal with.

I think that the surfacing lends itself well to guns. Using pre-existing elements forces you out of normal solutions and shows up some really interesting shapes in this exercise.

I'm missing a heavy MG. Maybe another time.

There are 2 photographic components not from DeWalt...

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I work for Stanley Black & Decker, they own DeWalt... I'd LOVE to be able to get an employee discount on these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you approve - you'll have to talk to your boss about manufacturing them! I'm pretty sure they'd sell well...

      Delete
  2. Excellent work, as a gun lover you bring tears to my eyes. Well thought out and executed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger! Appreciate the feedback, especially from people who are into this kind of thing.

      Delete
  3. Im a true fan of dewalt tools, been doing construction for 24 years and have stayed true to the yellow,.great work!!! I got to have ������..appreciated..im definitely going to stay in touch

    ReplyDelete

Followers